22 Jul Cargo Bike Tests in Freistadt, Amstetten and Mattersburg
Posted at 08:50h in climate change, Rural areas, sustainable mobility
In June and July, cargo bike test days took place in the pilot cities Freistadt, Amstetten and Mattersburg. Many residents took advantage of the offer to go for a ride on a cargo-bike. However, the visitors were only partially aware that three transport bikes could be borrowed free of charge in each of these municipalities. Many of the testers were enthusiastic about the bikes. Whether the test days will increase the number of bikes borrowed in the municipalities will be seen after the summer.
The first two years of the project have already shown that the KlimaEntLaster centres work. The following findings are available:
- Role models and multipliers contribute to the acceptance and use of the offer. Local role models promote awareness of the transport bikes and make them a visible and integrated part of everyday mobility.
- Offering different transport bike models, which are especially suitable for shopping, increases the number of users.
- There is a great interest among the population to actively participate: many people interested in cargo-bikes would like to become bike givers themselves.
- Local bike shops are happy to include cargo-bikes in their portfolio.
- Cargo-bike promotion is a measure that can be implemented quickly by a municipality.